Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kate's Reading Challenge Book 1: ‘Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps’ by Kelly Williams Brown

         One of my goals I set for myself on my twenty-fourth birthday was reading a book a week.  I am a little behind, moving twice and finishing school put a damper on my plan. To help motivate myself to finish books on time every week my new plan is to share my latest read with you on my blog. I will read anything and everything and I would love your suggestions, feel free to email them to me at kate@mountainfm.net.

         Book 1: ‘Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps’ by Kelly Williams Brown.

For my first blog I picked a book that is incredibly relevant at this point in my life, it is called ‘Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps’.

         I really enjoyed ‘Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps’, author Kelly Williams Brown is hilarious. Her book is the perfect guide to transitioning between childhood and adulthood. I wish I would have read this book earlier in life, I think it would have better prepared me for some of the mini-disasters that have plagued my life in the past.

         In fact, I was reading this book when I went through my current life crisis (click here for the story) and it really helped me get through it with her AFGO theory in Chapter 10: Times Were Tough (Step 389 especially). My little car incident did not ruin my vacation the next day and everyone commented on how calm and reasonable I was being... unlike my previous car accidents. 


         I recommend this book for anyone who needs someone to help to get it together (I did). I think it is pretty hard to get everything in parenting; this guide to ‘adulting’ is perfect for helping move between stages of life. From ensuring furniture will fit into your new apartment, choosing a partner or even just recognizing that not everyone can be a special snowflake; this book can help you out in any stage of life.

Next Week: 'World War Z' by Max Brooks


No comments:

Post a Comment