Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Apartment Hunting With Kate

Yup, thats half-zombie Kate.
When picking an apartment I am not an overly picky person, my boyfriend and I recently moved into a new apartment that is perfect.

I have heard other people’s lists of ‘must haves’ like:
-high ceilings
-a bath tub
-hardwood floors
-walk-in/large closets
-quiet neighbors
-pets/no pets
-upstairs/downstairs
-separate entrance
-storage
 -etc.

Okay, so there are not that many options for apartment searching but mine has all the things I need… in fact it is perfect. Yes, it has relatively high ceilings and a bathtub but in my opinion it is one of the most ‘zombie-proof’ apartments in the Kootenays.

Though I am not a fraidy-cat, I do sometimes worry about things like zombies and the end of the world. When I was in Grade 10 I saw the movie ’28 Days Later’ (one of my favourite movies) and for the first time zombies and pandemic became real to me. Well, as real as fictional horrific events can be.

My new apartment is very much ‘zombie-proof’ and even better, its ‘zombie prepped’. It is three stories up, with stair cases that can easily be fully blocked off. It has plenty of space to collect rain water over on the fire escape. The fire escape can easily be blocked to stop anyone from travelling up it and can easily be used in case of an emergency escape. And, there is a fully stocked grocery store 50 feet away… I could even zip-line roof-to-roof.


Yes, my new apartment is everything I want and more… if only it had electricity outlets in the bathroom so I could do my hair……..

Do you have any must-haves on your home hunting list? What are your wants and needs? Do you worry about things like 'zombie proofing' like me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment