Monday, August 19, 2013

My First Natural Waterslide Trip

Yesterday I did something pretty cool; I visited my first natural waterslide right here in the Kootenays. It was a pretty big deal for me, I am not a great swimmer and I don’t really enjoy anything about water. To be honest with you I have an irrational fear of drowning, so I when I “swim” I tend to keep my head above water.

I had heard tales about how fun the natural waterslide was at Deer Park and I knew immediately that it was something I would have to try during my time here in the Kootenays. But, as our pre-determined time came closer and closer I started getting pretty nervous about it and even considered backing out of going with my friends.

I am so happy I did go. I was a little scared, I must admit. I watched everyone go down once before I braved the natural waterslide. But, on the second run I gave the natural waterslide a shot and loved it. For a second you think it is going to tear your butt apart but then everything smoothes out, you catch a little air and go flying into the water. To be honest with you the water was not as cold as everyone was saying it was. Honestly, that maybe because I am partially numb to cold water; when I was a kid I swam in the Atlantic Ocean quite a bit every summer.


If you are new to the Kootenays (like I am) or just visiting you should check out the natural waterslide at Deer Park. It is the perfect Sunday afternoon excursion, grab an iced coffee and go for a scenic drive through Syringa Park to Deer Park




No comments:

Post a Comment