Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Where Are They Now: Jonathan Lipnicki

So… today while researching my ‘All Request 90s Nooner’ radio show today I stumbled upon a photo of a young actor from the 90s I completely forgot about. I was reading “30 Ads You Haven’t Seen In Forever” on BuzzFeed.com and was blown away when I remembered young Jonathan Lipnicki pictured in his ‘Got Milk’ ad.

The name Jonathan Lipnicki may not be familiar, but I am sure you recognize that wide-eyed gent on the right who stole hearts in Jerry Maguire (1996). He was the adorable Ray Boyd, Renée Zellweger’s adorable little boy that Jerry (Tom Cruise) grew to love.

I would have been 7 years old when this movie came out and even as a kid I knew this kid was adorable. Which is weird, because I am only a year older than Lipnicki and I definitely felt MUCH older than his character, it is kind of weird.

Anyways, back to the point; as adult Lipnicki blew me away. When I googled his name to see what he is up to these days I was baffled by what was before my eyes…



Now that you’ve seen what flabbergasted me I am sure you understand my reaction. I was at a complete loss for words. Little Jonny Lipnicki is now one very shredded young man. In between reps Jonathon Lipnicki continues to act (and wrestle apparently).For more on Jonathan Lipnicki visit: http://www.jonathanlipnicki.com/
To check out “30 Ads You Haven’t Seen In Forever”on BuzzFeed.com click here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/leonoraepstein/ads-you-havent-seen-in-forever


The real question (maybe the only real question here) remains: Who thought it was a good idea to let seven year old Kate watch R-rated Jerry Maguire? I wasn’t even allowed to watch the Simpsons until sixth grade!
*Sorry boys, I could not find a contemporary photo of Jono with his shirt on... my bad? 

No comments:

Post a Comment