Monday, September 23, 2013

Kate's Reading Challenge Book 9: 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns)’ by Mindy Kaling

One of my goals I set for myself on my twenty-fourth birthday was reading a book a week.  I am a little behind, moving twice and finishing school put a damper on my plan. To help motivate myself to finish books on time every week my new plan is to share my latest read with you on my blog. I w
ill read anything and everything and I would love your suggestions, feel free to email them to me at kate@mountainfm.net.

Book 9: 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns)’ by Mindy Kaling

I loved this book, as someone working in the entertainment industry I found a lot of her stories very fitting in my own life. I have often wondered the same thing, is everyone hanging out without me? Kaling is brilliant, I recommend listening to this book rather than reading it because she does a stellar job bringing it to life (as she should, it is her memoir and all). Just the sound of Kaling’s voice makes everything more livelily, I think this book is on par with Tina Fey’s ‘Bossypants’, it is honest and heartfelt and explores all the elements of Kaling’s life that has led to her continued success after 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns)’ was published.

I really enjoyed this book; it really does hit the highs and lows of being a working woman that tries to make people laugh for a living. I love the stories from the Office and Kaling’s awkwardness in life and her career. I really relate to her stories about saying the wrong things, at the wrong time.

This is a great light read, perfect to listen to on a road trip if you are so inclined!


Yay, Mindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment