Tuesday, November 12, 2013

#TUNETUESDAY: NOVEMBER 12, 2013

Only one video this week, a fresh one released just hours ago from one of my favourite artists, Lily Allen.

Beware; this video contains explicit lyrics.

Okay, so I have always had an obsession with Lily Allen. The first time I heard ‘Smile’ my mother scowled and I raced home to listen to it again on our dial up internet, as slow as the speed of smell. I feel like I have grown up with Lily, she isn’t much older than I am and her latest track ‘Hard Out Here’ fits my mindset perfectly right now.

With all the Miley crap being spewed this fall it is nice to hear a song that directly opposes the over-sexualization of women in the music/entertainment industry. The video is racy, the perfect way for Lily to stage a huge comeback after spending some time building a family. I love the sarcasm, the wit and the smirk behind the lyrics in this song.

I understand this is a pop song, not a rock anthem like I usually try to find. I do believe this video is in the spirit of rock-and -roll though and will be the biggest video of the week. Regardless, I can promise you it will be my favourite video of the week and this is my blog so na-na-na-na-boo-boo.

I think we could have just summed this post up with an “I love Lily Allen”, nuff’ said.

"There is some twerking I see in the Lilly Allen Video"

No comments:

Post a Comment