Monday, January 13, 2014

Lessons I Learned at the Tour De Soup

Saturday was Mountain FM's 2nd Annual Tour de Soup at the Black Jack Ski Club. It was so much fun! I had not been cross-country skiing since elementary school and it really showed. It was free to ski all day at Black Jack so Morning Rocks co-host Jenny Fines, 1035 The Bridge Afternoon Ride host Megan Milne and I took full advantage of it! 

How many times did I fall? I think saying I fell 20 times would be a little high. I think it was around 10 times, but there were some big falls. I even tried to take a picture of my biggest wipe-out because I left a full face and body print in some pristine, previously untouched snow. That was the only time I went headfirst and it taught me a lesson about staying in the previously made tracks. 

I also learned that when skiing with friends I provide a running play-by-play commentary. "Megan, we're not going to crash, I've got this, nope we're not going to collide.... YES, YES WE ARE!” BOOM impact, Megan took the high-road and I took the low-road into the snow.

Another lesson I learned at Black Jack on Saturday was that is absolutely soul crushing when a small child passes you on skis, especially if you are really struggling to get up again.


Make sure you come out the 3rd Annual Tour de Soup next year, to keep updated on everything going on at Black Jack Ski Club check out www.skiblackjack.ca! 




No comments:

Post a Comment