Thursday, March 27, 2014

Business After Business With the Castlegar Chamber of Commerce

As outgoing as I may seem in this blog or on the radio I am really a huge closet introvert. I like the comfort of being behind the microphone or my little nest of a desk. Seriously, going to the gym and spending an hour with headphones on is my daily socialization (okay kidding a little bit there… I don’t work out with headphones on). 

I had always wanted to go to a Business After Business event to meet business people we work with here in the Kootenays but I usually shy out once I get about a foot in the door. Seriously that happened once, I shied out once I got about two feet inside the door and then just went back to work.

Today I faced my socialization fears when Marcella one of our amazing Account Executives  (Senior Account Executive to be exact) invited me to go with her as a representative for our stations.

Tonight’s event was held right down the street from our Downtown Castlegar at Central City Shoes. The entire time I was ogling the amazing kicks at Central City Shoes, especially the crazy selection of awesome rubber boots.  

I am so happy I went to Business After Business, even though I still tried to quietly hide by the food. The food was amazing by the way! Catered by Twisted Thyme everything was delicious as I am sure you can see from the pictures.

I am so happy Twisted Thyme is open again; it truly means Spring 2014 is here! It makes me so happy that it is open for the season again, it is an instant morning cheer-me-up every time I pass it on my way to work.

If you haven’t tried Twisted Thyme treat yourself to lunch soon, it is amazing comfort food. The appies tonight were so tasty, definitely a good tide-over until supper.

I could have eaten the entire bowl of homemade potato chips and dip. I’m definitely going to have to convince someone to have Twisted Thyme with me for lunch next week.

I had a great time and it was so nice meeting everyone. I have a feeling it will lead to a new pair of shoes and food truck lunches in the near future.

I strongly encourage you to get involved with your local chamber of commerce, even though I was only on the scene for a short amount of time it was very evident how connected the group is with the town. They can also help you take part in amazing events like the Castlegar Chamber of Commerce’s “Taste of Castlegar”.


Thanks again to the Chamber of Commerce for letting me be part of your Business After Business event tonight, it was so nice to meet everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment