Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Is Bradley Cooper The Next Indiana Jones?

There are few things I gush about on the radio, very few (I like to think).

One thing I will consistently get giggly about (every time) is Harrison Ford. Whenever mentioned I time travel to a place in time before the earring and before I was born. To the 80s, a time where had I been alive I probably would have been stalking Harrison Ford. Yeah, unfortunately I doubt I would have gone to university back then… unless Indy was my Prof.


I am a HUGE Indiana Jones fan. My mother introduced me to the series as a kid, way before I could even begin to understand Star Wars (that would come a few years later). Now with rumors that new Indiana Jones may or may not be in the works my mind is alive with who could be the potential pick for recasting Indy. Unfortunately (like most people) I was let down by the revamp. The story, mixed with being punched on the leg my sister every ten seconds (with a few seven second surprises) just did not hook me.

Anyways, not the point of this blog right here. This is a formal blog of endorsement for Bradley Cooper to take the reins on the franchise. I am totally okay with it so long as we continue to pretend Crystal Skull never happened. Mom, I know this may anger you but in this case you are the 1%.

Cooper is rumoured to be at the top of the list, but the rumour mill is also speculating that time may be running down for B-Rad to take the role on. Not sure, what to think here. Some reports are saying that a recast and new revamped movie may not happen at all. The last 24 hours has seen conflicting reports about the potential of a new movie, but not too many about who should star in it. Cooper is the front runner.

I’m not sure giving Indy the James Bond treatment with recasts and new stories into the future is the right way to go. Don’t get me wrong, I will gladly shell out the cash to see them on a movie by movie basis; but I still don’t think it is the right thing to do. Hell, I don’t even like the kid who played Indy in Young Indiana Jones. You’re probably saying, “Kate, I love Sean Patrick Flanery he was amazing in the Boondock Saints”.  I had to watch Powder way too many times in High School to validate any reasoning that he should ever get to play a role of one of the sexiest men of all time again. He has lost that right.

Anyways, who would you cast as Indiana Jones in a re-up? Do you think it is a good idea?

The leading lady would be dependent on the story-line, but I am open for some suggestions on that too. Brownie points for anyone who votes Kate Bruce. 

Here is a brief look at the history of IndianaJones with a lead on Bradley Cooper snagging the role. 

No comments:

Post a Comment