Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lobster Fest at the Element Club Bar and Grill


UPDATE: Jenny and I totally went back to the Element for "Lobster Fest" today for lunch, it was an amazing pre-birthday post-radio show lunch. This time I tried the lobster mac and cheese and Jenny had the lobster club. They were amazing, if you are going I think my favourites are still the lobster poutine and the lobster tacos. I also tried something new today, a Caesar! It has been a great birthday weekend Friday!

The Element Club Bar and Grill is one of my favourite places to eat in the Kootenays. If you haven't heard, I am a huge fan of food and fun. That pretty much explains my love for the Element. It is the first restaurant I visited when I moved here and it was the source for my delicious lunch today. I just couldn’t wait until my birthday and the 31st because the Element is hosting “Lobster Fest” right now and I couldn't wait another day.

Nova Scotia lobster for a Nova Scotian girl (a Nova Scotian girl who hadn't really had lobster until she was 24), the Element definitely made my Thursday! On top of the Element’s stellar normal menu there is a full second menu right now (until the end March) that features lots lobster dishes. I love the Element’s special menus, so of course everything I ordered came from the Lobster Fest menu. Kevin of course had his favourite, panko breaded chicken strips with sweet potato fries.


We shared an order of lobster poutine to start. It was amazing! I love all poutine, but this was very special. Lobster chucks smother a bed of crisp French fries with Quebecois cheese curds. I was so excited for this; I love new twists on traditional poutine. The lobster gravy is so rich and creamy you will want to scrap every last bit of it from our plate onto the fries.

The Element's Lobster Poutine
For my main course of lunch I stuck with the “Lobster Fest” menu, tempura lobster tacos. I love the Element’s fish tacos (they are on par or better than SoCal fish tacos), so I knew I would love the lobster tacos. Unfortunately I knew two would do the trick for lil’ole me after the poutine, you can totally order three tacos too.

I love the Element fish tacos, I normally don’t eat so many vegetables with my tacos but the Element manages to inspire my inner-veggie lover and eat all of them. With a little slaw, guac and tempura lobster these tacos are full of taste and incredibly filling. Be careful, the tacos are pretty full.  Good news though, it is totally acceptable to break out a fork and finish the innards.

The Element's Lobster Tacos
On top of the lobster dishes I tried today for lunch there are more traditional lobster dinners and steak + lobster dishes. Lobster lasagna, bisque, mac & cheese and a rice bowl Lobster mac & cheese is one of the most comforting dishes on earth, a solid lunch choice as well.  

Every time we leave the Element we leave happy. Not only does the Element host great events, they make some of the best food in the Kootenays. I take everyone to the Element when they make their first trip here. Seriously, come to the Kootenays and have lunch with me.

On a side note, if you ever seen the “Notorious P.I.G.” on the menu you need to order it with sweet potato fries on the side. It is one of the best things you will ever eat, ever.

Also, it is important to note the impeccable service at the Element. The entire wait staff is incredible and they truly take good care of you when they are serving you.


Nom Nom Nom… I think I may have to head back for my birthday on the last day of “Lobster Fest”.


No comments:

Post a Comment