Saturday, March 15, 2014

"Hot in Herre" Radio Marathon

Update: It is Sunday night at 10:20pm and this is still happening. I am guessing a morning show change up on Monday!

Update: We are less than 2 hours away from Sunday and this is still happening. 

Old Nelly songs kick the crap out of new Nelly songs. But, I don't think that is the reason a San Francisco Latin radio station has been playing the song yesterday afternoon (March 14, 2013). For nearly a full day Nelly has been getting a little bit of “uh, uh” all over the airwaves.

I love me some Nelly. Especially the older stuff, it gets me going. Especially the song “Hot in Herre”, regardless of whether “herre” is a word or not this song is a jam. Even twelve years after it was released…

Now, I don't want to get too much into why this is happening but it is a big enough deal that Time has publishedan article about it. For the full read about the speculated build up to a station flip click here.

I want to know, would this make you listen-in to hear when a station finally stopped playing a one-song marathon? Why?

And, what song could you listen to on repeat over and over again?

I’m thinking maybe Meatloaf’s “Paradise By the Dashboard Light” or Def Leppard’s “Hysteria”. Yeah, I’m in a really classy mindset these days with my music choices.

Slowly but surely the new station, "Hot 15.7" has been gaining Facebook likes. Over 100 new ones today. Not what I would call impressive, but it is not like they are really putting much effort in (as of 24 hours in). Check them out here. https://www.facebook.com/Hot1057FM


No comments:

Post a Comment