Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sarah Siverman’s “The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee”

I just finished Sarah Silverman’s book “The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee”.  I never used to be a Sarah Silverman fan but seeing her nail the role of Vanellope von Schweetz in Disney’s “Wreck-It-Ralph” was like a gateway drug. I am now a huge fan and I absolutely loved her book.

The main thing I am going to take from the book is her “make it a treat” philosophy. I think this will help me conquer my addiction to Chinese food and penny candy.  Seriously, I’m fighting the urges right now…

Her stories are so comforting for anyone who grew up not feeling 100% normal.

I love that she doesn’t hold anything back and is just as raunchy as a writer. Expect vulgar language; talk about farts and doody and lots of Silverman family features. I think Sarah’s family is just as entertaining as she is. Even if they aren’t she is a good enough writer to make them seem like a barrel of laughs.

I love that Sarah Silverman is ballsy enough to write her own foreword and even an afterward by God.


If you a looking for a fun and quick read, Sarah Siverman’s “The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee”.

And, Sarah is 100% right... Pee is a better word for the title than Pee Pee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment